This is an analysis of the poem Description that begins with:
My salt marsh
-mine, I call it, because...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaa XaX aaX Xab aab caX dcd daX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 111001 11101 0101000 10110 01111 1111100 110010 1001101 0101010 011011 101101 01101 010110 1011 111001 0011010 11111001 111110 11010 00111011 01011 0011 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 71
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Description;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.