This is an analysis of the poem Ode Xv: On Domestic Manners (Unfinished) that begins with:
Meek honor, female shame,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabcdXeec Xeddefggfff Xbffbcffhhc XdccdeddcceX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,11,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1 110111 1101011001 0100111 01010101001 110101 11010100001 1101010 1001110101 010101 1111111101 1 011101 0101010001 111101 0101010001 100101 1101011101 110001 0101100101 110111 1101010111 1 0110011 0100010111 010101 1111101101 110101 1100011101 011101 11111101001 0101001 1111011101 1 110101 01100100101 0100101 0111010101 110101 0100010001 110101 1011010101 110101 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 368
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; what, and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words who, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ode Xv: On Domestic Manners (Unfinished);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.