This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
I shall not go with pain
Whether you hold me, whether you forget... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbb cdcXde ebefbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111101 1011110101 1101110101 11001110101 11111101001 11 111101 1011110101 0101010101 1101110101 1111111101 11 111101 11110100101 1101110101 11110111011 1111111101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Marjorie Lowry Christie Pickthall
- Analysis of Dream River
- Analysis of Christ In The Museum
- Analysis of The Little Sister Of The Prophet