This is an analysis of the poem Dawn that begins with:
O KEEP the world forever at the dawn,
Ere yet the opals, cobweb-strung, have dried,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaacXc dedeccaafff gegehhbbb ihihjjbbb afafeekkiii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,11,9,9,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 1101011111 1111011101 110111 1101011101 110101 11001010001 0100100 0111110110 1101010101 1111110101 1101010101 110100 11010000101 110101 11111101001 01010101101 1111000101 0111001 01010010101 11001011101 10010111001 1101111101 0101001 1101110001 010101 1101011101 010011 11010101001 1111111101 0101111101 1111010101 110111 11001110101 110101 11010101001 110101 11010100001 1101010101 1101110101 1110010001 0100001 11001110101 110101 100100010001 010101 0101110101 011101 11001011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 376
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word ere is repeated.
The author used the same word hold at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dawn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.