This is an analysis of the poem No Longer Now that begins with:
No longer now the same god-given bounties
Where now no longer the same waters glide....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb caca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111010 1111001101 11110101010 1011111111 11101111010 00010010001 10110101010 1111111011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of No Longer Now;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva
- Analysis of I Like That You Are Crazy Not With Me
- Analysis of You Walk, And Look Like Me
- Analysis of Poets (Excerpt)