This is an analysis of the poem Love's Enchantment that begins with:
As when two children, hand clasped fast in hand,
Explore the dimness of a fairy bower...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd XXXXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1111011101 01010001010 0100010111 010101001010 11010010111 1111110001 1111111111 1001110111 11011111010 01011110100 0111110101 0010010100 1011011101 1101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 306
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Enchantment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.