This is an analysis of the poem Simple Histoire that begins with:
Tu m'as connue au temps des roses,
Quand les colombes sont écloses ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXXbB XXXXXXbB XXXXcXbb XXcXaXbB ddcXXXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111110 11100110 11101001 1111110 10110 111110 111110110 11101110 100011 110111110 1111010 11011010 11111101 101111 1110110 11101110 11110111 11111110 10011100 11111010 11011011 1110110 111011110 11101110 1110010 10110111 11100111 111111010 11110011 110101010 1111110110 11101110 11111010 10011110 101101001 01110110 1110110 1011111 11110110 11101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; des is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines e, te, re are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ami at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Simple Histoire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.