This is an analysis of the poem Le Soir that begins with:
Seule avec toi dans ce bocage sombre ?
Qu'y ferions-nous ? à peine on peut s'y voir....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXXXX aaXXXXXbX XXXXbXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111101 1010111111 110111101 111111111001 10110110 1111011110111 111101110 11110110110 1101 10111111011 11011111 111011010 1101111111010 11101011 11111011110 11101111 111011011 1011 1111111111010 1111111011 10111011 1111111101100 1111111101 1011111011 10111111 1111110001 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 360
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; re is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re, e are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Soir;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.