This is an analysis of the poem Aveu D'Une Femme that begins with:
Savez-vous pourquoi, madame,
Je refusais de vous voir ?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010 11100011 11111101 1101010 010111110 10111100 1000110 111110110 1111111 1110110 11101101 1111100 111011010 111111 1110111 111110110 11110 1110010 1101011 110110 1011110 111100 111111101 111110110 1101100 11111 1111111 1111010 1111111 1010110 111110 111110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 235
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aveu D'Une Femme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.