This is an analysis of the poem Yellow Crane Tower that begins with:
Wide, wide flow the nine streams through the land,
Dark, dark threads the line from south to north. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa Xbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011101 111010101 1001100101 1011101101 0101011110 1001001011100 1111001010 010111001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yellow Crane Tower;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mao Zedong
- Analysis of The Fairy Cave Inscription On A Picture Taken By Comrade Li Chin
- Analysis of Three Short Poems
- Analysis of Two Birds : A Dialogue