This is an analysis of the poem Aristokratisk Bordpsalme that begins with:
Hvad bryder jeg om Frihed mig,
Naar jeg har Mad og Klæde?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXaXX XXXbXXXb XXXXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 111111 11110111 110111 11011100 1100011 1100100 11011 111110 110010 11011111 111110 11010100 111100 110011 011110 111011 11101 11011111 1111 11111000 11011001 1100111 111101 111100 1101010 1101000 110110 11100101 11100110 111110 1111010 01011001 1111110 11100011 100010 11111100 11100100 1111111 1011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, i, dig, kom, fra are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words naar, dig, kom are repeated.
The author used the same word hvad at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Aristokratisk Bordpsalme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Malthe Conrad Bruun
- Analysis of Kom Hid, Du Vinens Muntre Gud!
- Analysis of Man Tumles Blandt Sysler Og Glimmer Og Larm
- Analysis of Roser Alt Krandse Den Skyggende Hække