This is an analysis of the poem To Our Land that begins with:
To our land,
and it is the one near the word of god,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AabAbXAaXAbaAbcdXcdcad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011 1000110101 01001 011 1000110010001 01010 011 1000110101001 0100010101010 011 10001110101 1011101001 011 10001010011 0110011 0111000101 01001010110 11100101 00101101010101 101011110 11101 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 673
- Average number of words per stanza: 140
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Our Land;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mahmoud Darwish
- Analysis of Intensive Care Unit
- Analysis of Here The Birds' Journey Ends
- Analysis of Another Day Will Come