This is an analysis of the poem Those Who Pass Between Fleeting Words that begins with:
O those who pass between fleeting words
carry your names, and be gone...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbbcdeXc Xab BFBFE A B F B F E dcaXda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,3,5,1,1,1,1,1,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101 1011101 1110110101 11100010001 1010100 111010111101 111100 1010111010011 0111100111 0110101011 0110011 00111001 1010111111011 00111001 1010111111011 111101011 111101101 00111001 1010111111011 00111001 1010111111011 111101011 11110 1111 111111 10111 01000100 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, from, us, our are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, our are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines gone is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Those Who Pass Between Fleeting Words;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.