This is an analysis of the poem The Owl's Night that begins with:
Here is a present that yesterday doesn't touch...
When we reached...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdefeBaghegieXgBfgadeXBXjjXieBebdhgjcXXBfdibeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 49,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100011101101 111 0100111011 0110100101 111011110 10100101110 00101011 10001 1101101 1110101001 101011110 1011110 0100010011 101001110 01111011101 1111011011 1111110010 10001 100110010 101011110101 1001101001 001010111100010 01101001 10010110010 10001 011 11111001010 11101010111001010 1111101101 101111010010 1101101010101 10001 011 01111011111 011111001 11011111001000100 10101011111 1101110101 010100101 010110111010 01010100100111 10001 10 1101111 010011010110 1001111 10111 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 896
- Average number of words per stanza: 156
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, myself, be, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word quickly is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines remembered is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Owl's Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.