This is an analysis of the poem Psalm Two that begins with:
a country you carry in your pocket
airport to airport, a country...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcddaXeXfcggdahddbhXaXfehcbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101100110 11011010 1011100010 101011101 01010111 101011 01001101 0111101010 010111101 01010010 11001101010 1011100111 010001010 01011010 110011101001 0111111 010110101 1000011010 10110111 101010101 110111 0111010 11 00101 01010 101 11101 001010 1001 11
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 917
- Average number of words per stanza: 168
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Psalm Two;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.