This is an analysis of the poem The Wind Of Winter that begins with:
The Winter Wind, the wind of death,
Who knocked upon my door,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbab cdcdcd efffef gfgfgf hghghg dididi djdjdj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 110111 11011100 010011 11010101 1101001 111100001 111101 01010101 111101 010100101 010111 010010101 110101 11111101 010111 01010101 110111 10011111 010101 11011101 110101 11000101 011111 11111101 010101 11010101 010101 11010101 011101 01111101 100101 110001001 110111 11010111 010111 11111101 110101 11110111 1001001 01011101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wind Of Winter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.