This is an analysis of the poem The Purple Valleys that begins with:
Far in the purple valleys of illusion
I see her waiting, like the soul of music,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaXbc bbXdeeX bffecXX gbgfbaX cXaXedX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010100010 11010101010 011100110010 111101100110 011101010010 11001111110 11111111010 010110101010 01110111011 01011001010 11110001110 0101100110 01110100110 11011100110 01110101110 0110101110 01010101010 01011101010 01110101010 010010101010 01010100010 01110111111 0111001010010 10111101011 100111111110 010101110010 11010101010 01110101110 01110111110 0111001010010 101100111010 11010101010 10000111110 11110101010 1101000110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 314
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her, through are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word again at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Purple Valleys;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.