This is an analysis of the poem The Parting that begins with:
She passed the thorn-trees, whose gaunt branches tossed
Their spider-shadows round her; and the breeze,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababb cdcdd efefX eabaa Xbbgeg hhcfcf bbifif
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101111101 1101110101 0101011101 1111000101 1111110101 1111010101 1111010001 1101011101 1101010111 1111011101 1101110101 1011000111 1111110111 1101010101 10110101000 1111110101 1001101101 0100010100 1111000111 0101011101 11010110101 1101000110 1110001101 1101100111 0101000101 111101 01110010111 01011011111 1101011111 11001110101 0111001101 111101 0101000111 1101010001 1101010101 0101111101 0101101101 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words are, on are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Parting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.