This is an analysis of the poem The Image In The Glass that begins with:
The slow reflection of a woman's face
Grew, as by witchcraft, in the oval space... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcbcb X aadedXc X ffgdgXg X ffbebXb e dcahaha e iighghg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,1,7,1,7,1,7,1,7,1,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101000101 1111100101 0111110110 11011010101 01111100101 1011110111 11110010101 1 01001110111 0101010001 11110001010 1001011010 11111111110 110100100 11111101110 1 1111011011 1101011111 1101110111 1101011100 1001111011 1100110111 1111111111 1 1111100101 1101111101 01110111111 0101010101 0110110111 1011010100 0101111101 1 1101100100 0111010111 0101110101 00110001101 1101011101 0101010001 1001010101 1 1011010101 0111010111 1101110101 0101010111 1101011111 1101010111 0101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and, of, to, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Image In The Glass;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.