This is an analysis of the poem The House Of Moss that begins with:
How fancy romped and played here,
Building this house of moss!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababaX cdcdcd ededXd fafafa fgfgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 100101 0101011 111101 1101111 010110 1101110 111101 1011110 010111 1101010 011111 1101110 111111 0101110 111101 1110010 110101 110110 110101 1101110 1001001 0101110 1111001 1111010 110101 1101110 111111 1001010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The House Of Moss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.