This is an analysis of the poem The Age Of Gold that begins with:
The clouds that tower in storm, that beat
Arterial thunder in their veins;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedeXX fefebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011100111 010010011 01110101 10110001 11110101 11111111 11011101 01010101 11011111 11010111 01010111 11000100 01010101 01011101 01010101 11011100 11111101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 215
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Age Of Gold;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.