This is an analysis of the poem Sunset On The River that begins with:
A Sea of onyx are the skies,
Cloud-islanded with fire;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXX X bXbacc X Xcacdd X ededff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,1,6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 1100010 1110111 011101 11011111 10000100 1 11010001 1101110 01011101 0101010 01011111 01010101 1 01010110 0101010 01010011 1101010 010111101 11010101 1 10110101 1111010 01110001 1101010 01110111 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sunset On The River;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.