This is an analysis of the poem Sun And Flowers that begins with:
The spring is coming! hear it blow!
The rain and wind have cleared the snow;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eedX ffgg ccdd eegg bbgg gXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001010101 01111101 111100111 01110101 111100111 10011001 11011111 11110111 111100111 11111101 11110111 01011101 111100111 11010101 11110111 11010111 111100111 01011101 11010111 11010111 11111111 10011111 11011011 11110101 11110111 11011101 11011111 01110101 11111101 01110101 110111010 110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sun And Flowers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.