This is an analysis of the poem Snow And Fire that begins with:
Deep-hearted roses of the purple dusk
And lilies of the morn;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababab cdcdcdXbdbdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101000101 110001 1101010101 010101 1101010011 010101 1101011101 101101 010010100001 111101 0111011001 110101 1101100111 010111 1111110111 110101 010001100101 1100001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, why are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Snow And Fire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.