This is an analysis of the poem Rain In The Woods that begins with:
When on the leaves the rain persists,
And every gust brings showers down;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababa cdcdc cecec cecec cbcbc bcbXb dfdfd bcbcb ghghgXefefe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 110011101 11011101 11011101 00011101 11011101 110010101 01110111 10011111 11110101 01010101 01010101 11010101 010111001 01111111 11010101 01010111 11010101 11010001 01111111 01011101 01000101 01011101 011100101 11101111 01011101 11100111 11001111 010110111 11011101 01011101 11010111 011111001 110100101 01110101 11110101 01110101 01010101 11110111 010100101 11010101 11010111 11001101 11011111 01010001 11011101 11111101 11111101 11101101 10010101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, still are repeated.
The author used the same words the, i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rain In The Woods;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.