This is an analysis of the poem Mysteries that begins with:
Soft and silken and silvery brown,
In shoes of lichen and leafy gown,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabaaab aacaaac ddeddXe ffbfffb gghgggh aaiaaai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011001 010101101 101101100010 100100101 11011101 110101101 01110010 1100110101 10111001001 0101001110 111011111 11111111 01111011110 11110010 1110110101 1011110101 00111101110 111011111 11100110111 010101110 10101110 111011001 010111101 101001010 100100101 111101101 010101101 00101010 1100111111 1011100101 10111110 101111110 1110100111 1100100111 01001010 110111101 1011100111 00100101010 1110111101 110101101 011110101 111001010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 282
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that, of are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mysteries;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.