This is an analysis of the poem My Romance that begins with:
If it so befalls that the midnight hovers
In mist no moonlight breaks,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX abab cdcd eaea fafa abab ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00101101110 011111 0100011010 11111100 11100101110 11101001 10101001010 0010101 111111111010 00100101 11001001010 1100101 11111111010 1001001 10111011010 0011111 11111101010 0011001 1111001010 111111 1111111110 0101111 0110111010 0111111 1111111010 110111 111111010 100001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of My Romance;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.