This is an analysis of the poem Loveliness that begins with:
How good it is, when overwrought,
To seek the woods and find a thought,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbacaacddeedbffb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001101 01011101 10010101 01010100 01111111 11110001 01010100 01010100 01011101 11011111 01010101 01110101 01011111 10010111 01010111 010000111 01011001 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 627
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Loveliness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.