This is an analysis of the poem Haunters Of The Silence that begins with:
There are haunters of the silence, ghosts that hold the heart and brain:
I have sat with them and hearkened; I have talked with them in vain:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd ccee ffgg hhbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 111000101110111 1110011001110001 111001101110101 111011101110001 111111110111111 111010101110101 1011101010011101 100110101010101 111110111110111 101111110111111 101110101010111 111010110011101 001100100010001 111011110100111001 001100100010111 101100101110101 111000101110111 001001101110101 111110101111101 1010101011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 265
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 65 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have, them, and, i, me, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Haunters Of The Silence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.