This is an analysis of the poem Enchantment that begins with:
The deep seclusion of this forest path, -
O'er which the green boughs weave a canopy;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaaccaddbddb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101000101 10101110100 01111101 1101010111 0101111101 1101110101 11010010100 0101010001 11100101001 110011111001 11001110101 1101001101 011000111 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 582
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Enchantment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.