This is an analysis of the poem Content that begins with:
When I behold how some pursue
Fame, that is Care's embodiment... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababA acacA ababA aXaXA adadA aeXeAXadadA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11010100 11011111 11010110 01111111 11011101 11110101 01010100 01110101 01111111 01011101 01011100 11010101 11000101 01111111 11010101 011101001 01010111 11111100 01111111 01110111 01010111 110011111 10010011 01111111 11011101 11010111 11011101 11011101 01111111 11011111 11110111 01010111 01111111 01111111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word you at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Content;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.