This is an analysis of the poem Broken Music that begins with:
There it lies broken, as a shard,
What breathed sweet music yesterday;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXbaXbcddcecce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 11110101 01111101 001101100 11000101 01011001 010010100 11110001 10110011 11000101 01010001 010110100 10111111 010010101 01010100 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 550
- Average number of words per stanza: 94
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Broken Music;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.