This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Sorrow that begins with:
Ah me! too soon the autumn comes
Among these purple-plaintive hills!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaa aaaXa aaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11110101 01110101 11010101 01000111 11010111 01110111 010100101 11010111 01110111 01010101 01110111 1101100010 11010101 11111101 010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Sorrow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.