This is an analysis of the poem August that begins with:
Clad on with glowing beauty and the peace,
Benign, of calm maturity, she stands... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbbbabbb X cddcdccee X fbbgbfghh X ijjijiiXX g kllklkkmm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,1,9,1,9,1,9,1,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010101 0101010011 0101110101 11010010101 1001010001 0101 1100110101 111111 0101010101 1 1111010111 1111110111 11010001001 01011010111 1011010111 11001 1100111001001 110001 1101010101 1 0001000100 01010100010 111101010110 1101110101 00111101010 0100 0101010101 110101 1001010101 1 1111111101 0101010111 1101001111 0111011101 0101111111 01011 0101110101 110100 0101110101 1 1111111101 1111011101 110101101 10011011101 1111011101 1101 1100111101 1111001 1001111111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of August;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.