This is an analysis of the poem At Moonrise that begins with:
Pale faces looked up at me, up from the earth, like flowers;
Pale hands reached down to me, out of the air, like stars,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbc abab baba dcdc eaea dfdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011111001110 111101100111 11001110011010 01110010111101 11010111101101 110101110111 1100110100100 00101101110111001 11100101011001 010101101001 101001001011001 1001101101110101 11100110110101 10101011011001 01001001011001 11001001011111001 1010100110111 101010100101 1010010110101 0100111100011 11101111111111 101111001011 10110101111111 111011001011101 1110101111001111 10111111001111 1110110101111 010100111111001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 235
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; up, as, dim, and, of, i, my, in, that are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words pale, and are repeated.
The author used the same words pale, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of At Moonrise;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.