This is an analysis of the poem Argonauts that begins with:
With argosies of dawn he sails,
And triremes of the dusk,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac dXda aeXe fcfc gggX bXbX hdhd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000111 111001 01011001 111111 11010101 010111 01010111 010101 110011101 001000 11011001 010101 11110101 111101 1111010 111101 11010101 1110001 11000101 111011 11010100 111111 11010101 111011 01111101 111101 11000001 010100 10010101 01101 11010101 011001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Argonauts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.