This is an analysis of the poem After Long Grief that begins with:
There is a place hung o'er of summer boughs
And dreamy skies wherein the gray hawk sleeps;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXabbbcdecde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10011100101 1101010111 1101011101 11001010101 0101010101 1001010101 1001110101 1101011101 01111101101 0111011101 1111010101 1011111111 1001011101 1111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 639
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After Long Grief;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.