This is an analysis of the poem A Song Of The Snow that begins with:
Roaring winds that rocked the crow,
High in his eyrie,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaaabCccXcCA X aXaaaXDddXdDA X aXaaabCccecCA X aXaaabDddedDA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,1,13,1,13,1,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 10010 1111011 10101101 10011101 111100 110100101 1010110111 101111111 1011111101 10111001001 110100101 11 1 10010101 10110 110100111 110100111 1100100101 10010 110100101 1011100101 110010111 101111101101 1011011111 110100101 11 1 00010111 11110 10010101 0010110101 110100101 11110 110100101 1011100111 110110101 101111111 1010100101 110100101 11 1 10110111 100100 010010101 1100101001 0100110101 100100 110100101 110110101 1011100101 101110111 1010111101 110100101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, sing are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Song Of The Snow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.