This is an analysis of the poem A Ghost Of Yesterday that begins with:
THERE is a house beside a way,
Where dwells a ghost of Yesterday:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccddefeefgghhiihhaabjjiikkllccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010101 11010101 011001010 100101010 11010111 10000111 110010111 01110101 11010111 1111 01010101 11011101 01000111 11110101 11010101 11011101 00010101 11110111 11000101 10011111 1111 11110101 01011101 11011001 01011111 11011001 10011111 011010101 110001111 10110011 01010101 1001 011101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1115
- Average number of words per stanza: 210
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Ghost Of Yesterday;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.