This is an analysis of the poem Na Minha Terra that begins with:
Amo o vento da noite sussurrante...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXXX abXX XXXX XaXa XXXX X XXXX XbXX XXXX XXXX X XXXX XXXX XXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1011011100 0101100 1010011100 1101100 111001010010 11010 1001011111000 11111000 0100101100 1100010 1010111000 11010 1011111111100 11000110 1111011101000 1101010 1110101001 101110 101101001101 110011 1 111010101 1101111 1100010110 111110 111010010 110010 1110011100 110110 101101101100 0101100 10010110100 1011011 1100101010 11010 1100101100 1001110 1 1011111000 1010010 1100011101000 001011100 111010100 01100011 110011011011 1100110 110111100 1010010 111010010 111100
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 84
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e, o, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words e, are repeated.
The author used the same word e at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Na Minha Terra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.