This is an analysis of the poem Cismar that begins with:
Fala-me, anjo de luz! és glorioso
À minha vista na janela à noite, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXXXXXbXXcXXXXbbXXXXXXXXaXXXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 34,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101100110010 101011001 101001001000 11001011010 1101111001011 10100110010 1100111111 1011001100100 1011111011 111000110100 01110 101010 1111 11 1110101001110 10111010010 1101100110100 11010 1010 100110 01 10010110110 011110011110 101110011110 110100 111101 110101 11 100110110111 10010011010 110100110 1101010 110100 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 990
- Average number of words per stanza: 190
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cismar;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.