This is an analysis of the poem Canção Da Sesta (Lxi) that begins with:
Se teus cílios de sereia
Te dão um ar peregrino,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX aXXa XaaX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 11111000 1101100 101101110 11100100 101010 11010 11101011 110011100 100111010 11111000 1110001100 101101100 11101011 11001001 10111100 111010111 11110 1100010 1110001 110101000 011111 11000110 11001000 10101100 110010 10000011 110100100 11100010 110010100 11101110 11010010 11100100 11111110 10010110 1111110 1010111110 111111011 10100110 11010100
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word sob is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines o, cia, rio are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Canção Da Sesta (Lxi);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.