This is an analysis of the poem Der Mensch Ist Bald Vergessen that begins with:
Der Mensch ist bald vergessen
der Mensch vergißt so bald,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXb XXXX XaXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 111011 1111100 011101 1111100 111011 1101100 110101 110110 111111 111110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; der, mensch are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word der is repeated.
The author used the same word der at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der Mensch Ist Bald Vergessen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.