This is an analysis of the poem Sang Paa En Fødselsdag that begins with:
Velkommen Marts! du Vaarherold!
Saa juble alle Munde,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaXaX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010100 1111 1100011 10011 11011111 1100010 1100111 110010 1111110 110110 011011 1101100 11001111 11101 11111101 11111 101011 1101100 110111 11110 111111 1111 111111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sang Paa En Fødselsdag;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.