This is an analysis of the poem Mod Slutningen that begins with:
Tak Gud! for hver en Glæde,
Din Kjærlighed mig gav! -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaX XbXb XXcX XbXX XcXc XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 11011 111111 111100 111101 111100 111111 1111111 1111 110111 10111 11011 100111 101101 11111 101111 110111 11011 110111 111101 1101100 11011 1101110 110101 111110 111101 1100100 010111 1111000 11101 1111010 011110 110011 01001 101110 1101011
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; saa is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word jeg is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mod Slutningen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.