This is an analysis of the poem Hr. Blok that begins with:
Naar Ved blev fældet hjemme,
Sad Bedstemoder ved sin Rok...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXa XXXX XXXa XXXa XaXa XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 11000111 11111 11111110 11111 1101111 110100 11001100 1011101 11111011 111101 1111011 1111111 1110111 111101 110111110 11111 1111001 100111 110111 1101110 11001111 011100 1111101 11101 11010111 11111 1110111 11111 11010111 111111 11110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; paa, og, den are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
The author used the same word den at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word blok at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hr. Blok;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.