This is an analysis of the poem Det Regner that begins with:
Det regner; og den tunge Taare rinder
Fra Havetræets høstliggule Løv, -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaaX XbbX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111110 1100101 10011101101 110011110 110011010 110111110 101001110001 100110011 11010111 11111111 111011001101 110111101 110101110 111010110 110111101100 1101111111 1111110110 01111111 110111100 1101010111 1111011111 110101111111 1111011111 1101011111 11100111100 11111011111 1101011111111 11110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; det, og, du, din, som are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word og is repeated.
The author used the same word og at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines v, du are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Det Regner;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.