This is an analysis of the poem The Truce Of Night that begins with:
Lo, it is dark,
Save for the crystal spark... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccbdddee ffXggbhhhii fffjjfbXbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001 110101 00101100101 10111001001 1101 100111101 1001 1101001 1010010111 011101 101110100111 11101 1101101 010101101 1011100101 011011 111011 11101 01001101 1111101011 1110101 101110010101 1111 1101001 00100100111 111110101 1011 01101001 11110 1001100 111100101 10100101 101101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 355
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Truce Of Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.