This is an analysis of the poem Homage To My Hips that begins with:
these hips are big hips.
they need space to ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXaaXcbbaaXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11111 1110 1010 1110010 101011 111 1110011 11110001 1111101 1111101 111101 111101 1110 01011011 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 381
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hips, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words they, these are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines hips is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Homage To My Hips;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.