This is an analysis of the poem The Pond that begins with:
Night covers the pond with its wing.
Under the ringed moon I can make out...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXc XXdXdbXX XeXbae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001001 100111111 11100110101 10010011 010001010 0111110101 0100110111 11010010110 1101101 0110111 00111 11010110100 10110 011101111 10111 11110101100 10101111111 01111110 100101100011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Pond;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.